Monday, October 29, 2012

GUEST ARTIST: PHOTOGRAPHER DONALD ROBINSON






     My good friend Don Robinson is an accomplished photographer and his work has been widely exhibited across the world and his achievements include the EFIAP award (Artists of Excellence) by the Federation Internationale de l'Art Photographique, the Photograph Society of America's Galaxy Award, and twenty-five + gold medals for "Best of Show" won in various international photography salons.  
     Don is a native of Pittsburgh and has been documenting people, landscapes, animals and plant life as seen through his 35mm camera. His body of work reveals a searcher's eye, and explorer's sensibility, an innate delight of not just in faraway places and rare things, but also in his  "backyard" of light and wildlife found throughout Pennsylvania.
     I've asked Don to submit a few examples of his work with a brief comment on each of the photographs. Enjoy!

Norway – we were traveling up the Fjords and stopped at this boat rental place.  I loved the look of the boats with the accent of the early boat in the water.



Mumbai, India, Five Women – As I rounded a corner in Mumbai I saw these 5 women sitting on a bench.  I quickly took several photographs before they saw me.  I think it simplified the look of Indian women with their beautiful garments and jewelry.



House Pattern, Ireland – we were on a cruise ship and as we were coming into dock I saw this wonderful pattern accented by the red house.  It was a quick grab shot but it worked


Morocco, Blue Porch – This was the best photograph I made in 2009 when we visited Morocco.  I felt the color and composition were great. 

Penguins – photographed in Antarctica , second trip 1985.  These are Emperor penguins overwinter in Antarctica.  They are amazing.



Abstract – This is from a Chihuly exhibition at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh.  I picked out this limited area for the color and design.


THANKS DON FOR A TASTE OF YOUR ART.




No comments:

Post a Comment